I'm a native Texan; born & raised in the small town of Paris until I was 17. I left the only world I had ever known when I moved to central Kentucky with my mom in the summer of 2003; the summer before my senior year of high school. I went on to attend and graduate from Eastern Kentucky University with a bachelor's degree in business. I married my amazing husband in August 2010. We don't have any kids yet, but we do have the cutest golden-doodle in the whole world, Otto, that we got in Nov. 2018. I'm a Christian. In my spare time I'm a Mary Kay consultant and volunteer as our local county fair pageant director. I also serve on the state county fair board as a pageant committee member. We love spending our time camping and boating in the summer, although we definitely prefer visiting Caribbean beaches in the winter. I've been a traveler since I was born and I look forward to seeing as many different sunsets in as beautiful world as I can.
I've been obsessed with Photography since I was a young child. I remember the days when you had to get FILM developed. It would take days, sometimes weeks to get your pictures back. Digital cameras were a game-changer. We were finally able to see what the picture would look like before we had it printed! I started scrap-booking when I was in elementary school (they're pretty interesting to look at now!), was uploading pictures to my own computer by middle school, and even had my own website in high school.
After dreaming and asking for one for years, my sweet husband decided to surprise me with one for Christmas one year with a Canon SL1. I was SO excited and so very thankful. I've since upgraded to my Canon 6dmii and I'm in love with it. I'm finally pursuing the dream that I've had so long. I may never own a studio or do this full-time (& that's okay - my job has amazing benefits!), but I'll enjoy doing it part-time because I honestly just love doing it. Families and couples are definitely my favorite to shoot. I really love capturing true emotions, especially laughter. I want to create memories that you'll always cherish. Contact me HERE to book a session!
1. I'M THE BEST LISTENER, AND PROBABLE ONE OF THE BEST SECRET-KEEPERS EVER.
2. I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON, AT ALL.
3. DOGS ARE MY WEAKNESS. DO NOT BRING ME A PUPPY, I'M WARNING YOU - I WILL KEEP IT.
4. I'VE HAD THE SAME BEST FRIEND SINCE I WAS 12. WE TALK EVERY DAY, REGARDLESS OF THE 800 MILE DIFFERENCE.
5. I DO NOT LIKE COFFEE. NOPE, NOT EVEN A LITTLE.
6. CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES ARE THE WAY TO MY HEART. OH, AND DR. PEPPER.
7. I'M AN ONLY CHILD AT MY MOMS, BUT THE OLDEST OF 6 AT MY DAD'S. ALTHOUGH, ONLY TWO SHARE MY BLOOD.
8. I'M ONLY 19 HOURS OLDER THAN MY HUSBAND.
9. I'M REALLY NOT A FAN OF TALKING ON THE PHONE.
10. I ONLY LOVE SUMMER + SUNSETS. I HATE COLD WEATHER AND WINTER WITH A PASSION.