Hi! I'm Shanna! ♥
I'm an aspiring natural light photographer in central Kentucky.
a little 'bout me
I'm a native Texan; born & raised in the small town of Paris until I was 17. I left the only world I had ever known when I moved to central Kentucky with my mom in the summer of 2003; the summer before my senior year of high school. I went on to attend and graduate from Eastern Kentucky University with a bachelor's degree in business. I married my amazing husband in August 2010. We don't have any kids yet, but we do have the sweetest little dachshund that you'll ever met - I promise that you'll find pictures of Scooter all over this site. :) We lost our other fur baby, a great pyrenees named DOG, in January 2016. I miss him everyday.
My family means everything to me. I'm a Christian. I have a few of the best friends I could ask for. I love everything 'Texas' (of course!). I'm all about bright colors and sunny skies. Dogs are my weakness. I absolutely despise cold weather. I'm all about shopping & getting a bargain. I love camping & being on the lake. I've been a traveler since I was born; any Caribbean beach is my favorite place to be. But, I'm also a major homebody during the week and love just relaxing at the house with my family. Oh yeah, annnd I can't resist a Dr. Pepper.
the beginning of a dream
I've been obsessed with Photography since I was a young child. I remember the days when you had to get FILM developed. It would take days, sometimes weeks to get your pictures back. Digital cameras were a game-changer. We were finally able to see what the picture would look like before we had it printed! I started scrap-booking when I was in elementary school (they're pretty interesting to look at now!), was uploading pictures to my own computer by middle school, and even had my own website in high school.
I was fortunate enough to own many 'up and coming' items throughout my life, but the one thing that I had dreamed about [once they came out!] but never got was a good DSLR camera. I had tried to break into photography a little with cheap, small cameras, but I knew I needed to level up if I wanted to get much farther - but they aren't exactly cheap. However, after dreaming and asking for one for years, my sweet husband decided to surprise me with one for Christmas one year. It may not be top=of-the-line, but it's perfect for the time being.
Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.
Now, I'm finally starting to slowly pursue the dream that I've had so long. I know I may never own a studio or do this full-time (& that's okay - my job has amazing benefits!), so I'll enjoy doing it part-time because I honestly just love doing it. My editing style is bright, happy, and colorful. Families and couples are definitely my favorite to shoot. I really love capturing true emotions, especially laughter. I want to create memories that you'll always cherish. Contact me HERE to book a session!
10 Little Fun Facts
1. DR. PEPPER IS LIFE. NO, REALLY, IT IS. YOU SHOULDN'T BE SURPRISED BY THIS BEING THAT I DID TELL YOU THAT I'M FROM TEXAS....
2. I'M LESS THAN 20 HOURS OLDER THAN MY HUSBAND. THAT'S IT. AND YES, WE DID ADD IN THE TIME DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CENTRAL & EASTERN.
3. I'VE HAD THE SAME BEST FRIEND SINCE I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. REGARDLESS OF THE 800 MILE DISTANCE. WE TALK ALMOST EVERY DAY.
4. MY LITTLE (HALF) SISTER AND BROTHER MEAN THE WORLD TO ME, BUT I RARELY GET TO SEE THEM. I MISS MY FAMILY EVERY DAY.
5. I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON. AT ALL. I'M LUCKY TO GET TO WORK ON TIME EVERY DAY.
6. CHOCOLATE CAKE AND CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES ARE THE WAY TO MY HEART.
7. SUMMER IS THE ONLY SEASON THAT I LIKE, ESPECIALLY SINCE WE MOVED HERE. I HATE BEING COLD AND I HATE WINTER. WITH A PASSION.
8. PINK AND BLUE ARE MY FAVORITE COLORS. I'M SURE IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS.
9. I AVOID TALKING ON THE PHONE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IT'S JUST NOT MY THING. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE INVENTION OF TEXT MESSAGES.
10. DOGS ARE MY WEAKNESS. SERIOUSLY. AND IF YOU THINK I LOVE DOGS A LOT, THEN DON'T EVER BRING ME A PUPPY. JUST DON'T. I'LL KEEP IT.